So the project is finally finished! After many hours of wrapping window screen and pricking my finger a gazillion times with the needle, it is finally done. The installation went great today. I had nothing but positive things said about it, and it ended with my prof asking me to display it out front in the art building! I really felt like I stretched myself this time. I normally tend to lean toward being very symmetrical, but this time I stepped outside that box, and I'm so glad I did!
No big freak outs this time, but I did run out of material last night in the studio, which meant I had to go to Home Depot late, and then wake up 2 1/2 hours early to finish it this morning...but it was a success.
I used 1/4 in hot round rod for the metal frame, and then slate and charcoal colored soft window screen for the skin. I REALLY liked working with both of those materials. And I like squares alot...come to find out.