Saturday, October 31, 2009

Contentment

Anyone who knows me a little better than just a follower of my blog...which that is most of you, or else you wouldn't be following my blog... :) knows that this past week I've taken a step in my life journey that has led me to a new found freedom because of it. I let go of the control over something that wasn't mine to control. I didn't just say it in my head that I let go, because we all know that would be a lie, but I actually took physical steps in letting go and freeing myself to continue embarking on this road God has called me to.

That big step has opened my heart to taking charge of my identity and my health as a woman. I decided that contentment, while it is something to be learned over time,  is also something that I can take physical steps towards. Many times in my day to day life I find myself feeling like I am in a rut of somekind. I know I have no reason to be there at the time. I have my health, my friends, my family, my education, and a God-given income of some kind, but I still feel icky and unmotivated. I'm changing that today.

Our contentment is to be found in our Lord. However, it is also my duty to take care of myself and the body I was given to live this life in. IIf I am not keeping it healthy, being lazy, not eating properly, I will not feel motivated and even worse, I will feel discontented for no specific reason...WHICH IS THE WORST FEELING OF ALL TIME!

I'm changing that today. I need support and I need encouragement in that. It started today with takng my vitamins this morning, washing my face, drinking water, eating breakfast, stretching, running at town lake, drinking more water, calling my dad for a while, and now enjoying some crafts while taking a "humorous" defensive driving course....it's a trip.







Like I said, I need encouragement to keep up this routine of taking care of myself. I already feel amazing right now, but I have been here before, and it's over after three days! It's pathetic..lol.

My search for this learned contentment is continuing, and my heart fills full of grace and compassion. Please pray for me that I can keep this up, keep a balanced life and never quit getting this fulfillment from my Father.

1 comment:

  1. Finally. So glad to hear your drinking more water. Just kidding ;) Love this post. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete