Thursday, October 29, 2009

It's History



So I was talking with a really close friend of mine a few weeks ago, and we were just discussing our pasts and mistakes we had made, and where we are now because of them, and she made a comment about a part of her past that she hated and it broke my heart because I know it broke hers. She said, "I just hate that it is my story."  At certain times, I could relate, and I started pondering on my past and the parts of it that I wished would have been different. If I had had things MY WAY, certain things never would have happened...

Our other friend interrupted my self-pitying thoughts with a few humble words of wisdom.

"It's His story though, not yours."

Huh.

Those words have stuck with me ever since. Who am I to wallow in the "cards dealt to me?" Who am I to criticize the romantic comedy/drama/mystery/thriller that has been written for me before I was knit in my mother's womb?

It is what it is. Love will be used for His glory, and so will hate. Darkness will be turned to light by and only by the grace of God.

It is what it is. And it is His story.

Love it. Embrace it. Learn from it. Glorify Him in it.

1 comment: