Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Post-Impressionistic Christianity?


Studying art history into the wee hours of the night can make you think long and hard about your life and your faith and how all of these works of art are rendered because of inner-longings or political opinions; sometimes contemporary satire...and then how on earth you could ever compile such a memorable piece just based on your own ideas. It's facinating.


The real thing I wanted to blog about tonight is how similar the definition I just read of the role of the post-impressionists was to the role of a disciple of Christ...or at least the role that I assume...almost daily...at best.


Here it goes:


"Post-Impressionists- Cezanne, Seurat, Gauguin, and van Gogh-launched, in earnest, the characteristic modernist process of continuous self-regeneration through practical or analytical self-criticism."

"...earnest...process of continuous self-regeneration through practical or analytical self-criticism."
"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me." Galatians 2:20

chew on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment