Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A chip off the ol' block

It's funny when you introduce old friends to new friends and at that moment, you realize just how long you've known that person. All of a sudden every memory that you've shared with that person comes flooding back into your head and you think "oh man I've known you a long time slash I'm getting old if I've known you that long of a time."
Chip and I go way back, as in since my first year of working at camp, he's been there, rarely having a serious moment, and one of the few I don't feel as rude making obnoxious racists jokes with. I'm still not convicted on that yet...pray for me.
We spent a glorious day in Austin today, and he showed me many of the hot spots I had never even heard of. I feel a lot more knowledgeable now. I now know where the Austin warehouse district is...get excited world. Here I come. We also went all through Anthropologie today. After standing in the doorway eating pizza and dark chocolate, saying polite hellos to those walking past us, and pretending like we were poor people who could only dream of entering such a place...we finally went inside. We made our way around the whole store, acknowledging the artwork, and setting about 12 cute timers in the kitchen section approximately 1 1/2 minutes off from each other and stayed until they all went off...slyishly grinning at every ding.


I found the cutest kitchen utensils and accessories, headbands, wall hooks and dresses, and successfully came out NOT BROKE because it was too expensive to even consider it a justifiable Target find. Therefore, it is now my new Target, because it is safe, and a great place to get cool art ideas. I think I might make my own candlestick holders like these awesome blue ones I saw today. I only bought a really cute wall hook, and was completely and utterly confident about my small purchase with the cash register lady.


We then spent the rest of the afternoon watching about 17 episodes of Arrested Development. I'm pretty sure that's the first time I have ever successfully introduced a trend to Chip that he was not yet aware of. Yes I'm that AWESOME. It was a great day.

2 comments:

  1. love the hook pic. warning: don't go into a world market. too many reasonable prices = a frighteningly high credit card bill. i need to come play in anthro with you stat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthro and Arrested Development all in one day? That's a recipe for a great day...

    ReplyDelete