Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pretty Pink Post-Its



I could hardly sleep last night due to all the excitement of being in my own place slash knowing I have a million things to accomplish before school starts. I found some really cute post it notes and wrote one thing I need to do on each of them, knowing the sense of accomplishment I would have whenever I tore one at a time off of my desk. The colors are fun, so in my mind, the tasks seem more fun. How about that logic?? With my non-wireless router this morning I took care of alot of business, including changing my address on every thing I have ever signed up to be apart of on the internet. Tedious processes irk me sometimes...but it was on a pink sticky note, so it wasn't THAT bad...


I also drove all the way to T-State today to (that's Texas State University for all you thorough type) get my classes in order, only for them to tell me to come back tomorrow and have an advising appointment. I wouldn't consider the drive a waste however, because I got to know the roads a little more, and speak to some advisors that I should probably be on good terms with...plus the task was also on a pink sticky note, so that also made it not worthless.


I also picked up a new router and got it all set up after talking to a tech-genius (I think in India...and I didn't catch his name) for about 30 minutes. I seriously felt so bad everytime I had to say "I'm sorry?"...I think he huffed at me once...?

Meanwhile, I hade this amazing Kashi and white wine dinner all planned out, feeling like J Lo in Wedding planner...single, still dressed up, and home alone with a pretty plate of food.


I think I tried to play the part too much. You ever do that? Sometimes I try to set things up around me to be just like they are in the movies and then in the end, it just wasn't my cup of tea. For example, I was so rediculously thirsty that the wine would not suffice. It tasted bitter because I think what I really wanted was some cold fizzing sprite going down my throat to wash down the pizza. So I got rid of it and got the sprite. Then, my Meditterranean pizza was a failure. I was so excited about the feta cheese and onions, and there was hardly any on it. And, the pizza should have been pure mozzarella, and it was definitely yellow. And I over cooked it. I only take maybe 1/25th of the blame for this, the rest is Kashi's fault. Verdict: No more Kashi pizza. Thumbs down.

2 comments: