Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Strawberry Swing


There is definitely something about waking up in the morning to wonderful colors, coffee, and strawberry waffels that makes life just about perfect. Ingrid Michaelson kept us company as the joys of being 22 flowed around Sarah, Katie, and I. I've been thinking alot about community and why it is so important to me. I think about the communities that I chose to not be apart of in my past, communities that I thought I wanted, but in the end was the exact opposite of what fit me...I think about the Tim Team and how I didn't get to chose them. I will never again speak to some, and others I might always keep in touch with.







My Waco community however, has always been something I felt comfortable with. I always feel home with them, and it's not "Waco," it's the people, the acceptance, the compassion, and the appreciation of my lame, elongated jokes. It's never seeing them for months, and then catching back up to right where we were, completely changed lives, but completely same chemistry. Their is a freshness when I am surrounded by that. Maybe it's being around Sarah and remembering who the core of me has always been, bringing me back to earth if I've taken a small leave of absense in my oh-so-common impulsiveness. It's reality again. I have friends that are married and hospitable. They play board games. They are growing up. So am I...and I am really liking it right now. I still feel like me because they are still who they are, despite huge life changes. I can never settle for less.



We spent a long time at a consignment store purchasing items that now bless my kitchen and bedroom with colors previously absent, which Sarah made quite clear. And thats why I love you. Don't touch the monkeys by the way.

1 comment:

  1. dear chuval,

    i am glad for these things:
    1. we got really good, quality hangout time
    2. you live veeery close
    3. you are now officially a blogger!

    i can't wait to come see your place! i'm planning on bringing all my decorating magazines so we can get inspiration. you are the coooolest :)

    ReplyDelete